Antec TruePower 550W PSU

AMD Athlon 64 4000

2 GB RAM

XFX GeForce 7800 GT

2 40 GB HD (Master and Slave)

1 CD ROM (Master)

1 DVD ROM (Slave)

MSI K8N Neo4-F MoBo

I am not reformatting my drives I am hoping to just install the drivers and have at it like my IT friend said it should work.

However here is my problem:

I have every needed PSU cable plugged, every IDE plugged, basically everything is in place. I hit the power,the CPU turns, but there is no noise from either the HD or CD ROM and my monitor is not showing any connection. What can possibly be wrong and what can fix this?

are the hdd's new? or are they from another computer?

if they are old hdd's....

When windows is installed on a harddrive, it configures a list of all of the hardware on the comp it is installed on. If you take that harddrive with windows installed and decide to put it in another comp, IT WILL NOT WORK

Static_11 said:
are the hdd's new? or are they from another computer?

if they are old hdd's....

When windows is installed on a harddrive, it configures a list of all of the hardware on the comp it is installed on. If you take that harddrive with windows installed and decide to put it in another comp, IT WILL NOT WORK

From the sounds of it... it doesnt even get to the point where the above would matter. You would still be able to install windows onto the drive with out formatting it which would leave all exisiting data on the disk.

Can you get to the bios screen? If you can go into the bios and check the boot order and make sure everything in there is as it should be.

what os are you using? i noticed on their website that the board does not support win98/me incase for some reason you would be running one of those two.

I have also seen on some boards

Never gets to the BIOS screen. It just powers up and sits there, no "sounds" from the HDD or CD ROM. Nothing. It just chills.

Have you done this??

nitestick said:
make sure the 4 pin power connector is connected to the motherboard and the 6 pin power connector to the graphics card.

Try resetting the cmos. Do you hear any post beeps? Remove the ram and power on again If it beeps then the ram is A: no good or B: wrong. If still no beeps then put one stick in and unhook the hdd's if it beep's then the hdd's are hooked up wrong or bad. If still no beap's The motherboard is probably DOA

Sorry man it sounds doa to me!! If it's hooked up right about the only other thing it could be is the psu, But probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom