New build problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosbusch2005

In Runtime
I just finished putting together a computer for my sister and I am having some problems. There are orange dots all over the screen and the screen will flicker black quite often, one time even going black and forcing me to restart. I figured it was a video card problem so I installed ATITool and checked for artifacts and it the 3d image immediately filled up with yellow and it locked up the computer. Is the video card bad? Or is it maybe something else thats causing it? Specs are as follows:
EVGA 7900GS KO
Gigabyte 965P DS3 rev. 3.3
Intel 4300
2GB G.Skill Ram
Fortron 400W Psu
I installed the latest chipset drivers from the gigabyte website and the latest gpu drivers from the EVGA website Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hmm, well, I can tell you that it's a great card, but do not get drivers from EVGA. Go to Nvidia and get the forceware from them. If that still doesn't work, I would RMA the video card.

P.S. - It's a great card :D ... what does your sister want with a card like that... does she game?

I tried the Nvidia drivers with no luck and I stuck the card in my computer to see if maybe it was something else causing it and I still had the same problem. I guess I will have to send it back.

Yeah my sister does game some and I got a great deal on the card so I couldn't pass it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom