New Build Issues ... geeks unite ! s.o.s. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webfugitive

Solid State Member
I believe I'm having some computer sys temp issues. Computer is crashing when under a few hours (or less) of medium/heavy load, then is struggling to re-boot afterwards until it sits for a bit ... Overheat issues ? Ambient is about 25 / 77, I live in an old house - bad power ? No overclocking - heres the build ...

Motherboard - ASrock Conroe 1333-667
e6600 cpu - with AC Freezer 7 Pro (Silver Compound Added)
PCIE - Sapphire x1950GT (512 mb with onboard heatsink/fan)
450w PowerSupply (psu calculator says plenty - eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts [...] rlite.jsp)
HD -Hitachi Deskstar350g
Iternal audio/video (video cannot be disabled .. perhaps causing issue with graphics?)

SensorView is showing the following temp averages on idle
CPU - 35c
SYS - 44c(also having odd spikes on occasion. lasting only a second but exceeding 65c ? wtf ?)
AUX - 34c
HD - 39c

Also it should be noted that I have a small fan pointed at the front of the Tower. I've been doing so since the problem. I have a Heatsink fan and a rear case fan - and the exhaust is facing the right way for both. Once it crashes I notice the heatsink(s) on the mobo are very hot. If it IS a fried mobo it's going to be a pain in the keyster to replace from ewiz - so I'm calling all cars here. I'll attempt any variables that anyone may come up with. Perhaps a BIOS problem ... if so - upgrading scares me.

Temps look fine. What brand and make/model is the PSU. How much TP did you apply? Did you overclock?

<peterhuang>
No overclocking - PSU came with the case - it's an iMicro. I used the "grain of rice" method for the TP. Applied it very thin with no overage.

It depends on what PSU you have right now. Also, PSU calculators are sometimes not reliable. You video card alone needs 30A on the 12V rail. This doesn't even include peripherals. As the computer runs longer on load, the card needs more juice. Failure to get this "juice" will trigger a PSU failure.

My last computer still has a power supply in it that perhaps I could use to test this theory out. It's an XCase EB-550. Obviously it's slightly out of date (2 years on the date mark) but the back reads ...

+3.3, +5, +12
30A, 35A, 21A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom