New build hangs on mobo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

f50fan

Baseband Member
i just finished building a new computer and everything worked fine. OS installed easy and everything, all drivers went in. Now after some use, during startup my computer freezes or hangs on the mobo screen where you would press delete to enter the BIOS. If anyone has any suggestions about what the problem could be, please respond.

Can you still get into your BIOS? If so, check your temps and post them here. You could also pick the option in your BIOS to reset to defaults in case you changed a setting you shouldnt have.

If you cant get into your BIOS, then perhaps you should read your mobo manual and find the correct jumper to reset your CMOS.

sorry...the problem was fixed. I just waited for a bit and tried to startup again and it worked. I think it was because, like you said i changed something in the bios. I got through to the bios and changed it back and it worked fine. but thanx for the fast reply

i changed the processor multiplyer (i think thats what its called)...so i dont really know if thats why it froze but that was the last "event" before it started to freeze.

uhhhh generally changing the multiplier up doesn't tend to do much on a multiplier locked cpu which no doubt he has unless its an FX. although sometimes motherboards will allow you to change the multiplier up (which it doesn't really do) and it will glitch up and confuse the bios causing it not to boot. sometimes the same results from reducing the multiplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom