rjm0827

Baseband Member
Specs: AMD Phenom II X3 740
GeIL Black Dragon DDR3 1600
ASRock M770DE
Sapphire 5770
SeaSonic 520w PSU
Samsung F4 320GB

Installed everything along with Win7 Ultimate. System runs and will freeze, 2 secs later "No Video Signal". Has happened while installing Win7, installing Dragon Age, and 3DMark Vantage, also does it randomly.

I have tested the PSU rails with a multimeter, stable 12.28 on 12v and 5.1 on 5v. PSU has excellent reviews and 80 Bronze certified. I don't think this is the problem.

CPUZ shows CPU temps at 20C idle and 27C after running MemTest and other test apps for 45mins+. I'm using a huge direct core contact heatsink to keep it chilled.

Ran MemTest lots, 0 errors. I run multiple tests on all CPU cores and always no errors.

I haven't ran any demanding GPU test yet. I am about to run 3dMark 06. Can't run 3DMark Vantage, only supports 1 resolution which my 1600x900 monitor dosen't support.

Mobo I'm not sure how to test. CPUID HWMonitor shows 1.7 and 1.66 volts running to each DIMM, they call for 1.6v so I guess this acceptable. At one point I checked BIOS and they were underclocked at DDR3 1333 and when I changed them to DDR3 1600 Win7 froze on boot and then wouldn't boot at all. Cleared CMOS and booted up fine. Ran MemTest and 0 errors. Set RAM back to 1600 and booted fine, has been running at this ever since with numerous MemTests and still 0 errors.

Not really sure how to test HDD other than a simple read/write. I downloaded some performance test suite and it ran a few HDD tests and they all came back with fine.

I'm going to run 3DMark 06 soon as it's done downloading, maybe it's my 5770. I pray it is because if not I am out of ideas. Mobo standoffs are all in correct place so I know Mobo isn't shorting out from that. Maybe the Mobo is just crap? Only cost $60 but has great reviews.

Any ideas guys? I have a stack of games I bought that are staring at me that I can't play haha. Thanks!

Does this board have onboard GFX?

I have a XFX 5770, with a Corsair TX650. I don't think the lower wattage would hurt you.

Hi, I found your mobo specs even though yours doesn't have onboard video like mine does I have a MSI c45-770 based amd board similiar to yours.
Go to to AsRock official site:ASRock > Products > Motherboard > M3A770DE > Download and download their official chipset drivers, bios upate they recommend and install those first.
While you have that going on, go to here:ATI Radeon

As soon the new chipset drivers are installed and the new bios has been updated, reboot.
Install the graphics card driver and make sure windows 7 unltimate fully recognizes the card and doesn't blue screen on you.
Every goes fine you should be able to play a few games if something does not install especially the 5770, come back here and let us know what happen.
If push comes to shove it might need to be RMA'd if it's messed up, but thats a pretty low chance of that happening.

Ok, update. Went and bought a different motherboard since I thought that was the problem, a Asus M4a78T-E. Went to boot it up and I got roughly 10-15 solid blue screen, you know, the bad ones and restarts. Removed the 5770 and changed the RAM around and it booted up. Sooo I run MemTest and I get hundreds of errors within the first few mins. When I ran MemTest on the ASRock I never got a single error, wtf? I removed 1 stick and tested, no errors, removed other and tested, tons of errors. So I guess it's the RAM but how in the world did MemTest run over a hour when I was using the ASRock Mobo and never find a error and now it's finding so many? Regardless I got NewEgg to accept a RMA with a refund on the ASRock and I am RMA'ing the RAM for a refund. Going to get something that tried and true, no more cutting corners for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom