250GB Western Digital HDD
Lite-on DVD
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
Antec Truepower Trio 650watt
8800GTS eVGA 640MB
Centurion 5
Front intake/rear exhaust fans

Ok, my first issue.

Memory... The A-data Ram I purchased which other people have gotten to work won't post. Either stick. Any ideas?
I had some Corsair Ram and popped in 2GBs, no post. Popped in 1GB and it posted. I'm putting the ram in the same colored spots for dual channel, is that correct?

Anyway, installing OS now, well, wiping the hard disk which takes forever since I did Full Format.

Second issue. When I power on the system the CPU fan didn't kick on right away, then about 5 seconds later it kicks on. Is that normal? After it kicks on, it runs very slow. In BIOS temp is reading 33c. I notice the fan speed is 450rpm but it keeps going up. Is this because of the smart fan feature? Temp seems to be holding steady right around there I installed a Freezer Pro cooler. (It is installed correctly and fan plugged into CPU fan header)Edit: Disabling Smart Fan makes the fan spin normal, shows around 2800rpm in BIOS and it kicks on immediately. I'm keeping it off. Any idea why it was causing my CPU fan to literally STOP spinning at times? That doesn't seem very SMART to me.

Any help with the memory issue or cpu fan is appreciated.

I don't understand why the second stick of corsair won't post. It does the same thing the A-data does, fans spin on, power light comes on, HDD clicks a couple times and it hangs. I've had BAD luck with incompatible ram in my last few builds and just other annoying ram issues.

(Edit) I noticed the heat spreaders on the A-Data ram are very flimsy, now I'm wondering if I was able to seat the ram well at all. Can I remove them, seat the ram, and slide them back over? Or do they need to be on when I seat them? Never tried to take a heat spreader off before. Here is a link to the ram so you can see a pic.
Newegg.com - A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom