So I recently put together a build yesterday and got everything together. I turned it on and was so happy because I got the splash screen and then the sign saying I don't have an OS Installed. So I took my old HDD out of my old computer and completely wiped it with Dban, which later I thought was a stupid idea. So I plugged it in anyways and tried to install windows, right after I click "Push any key to boot CD" it starts to configure the windows installation, but about a minute later I get a blue screen that says windows has stopped to prevent damage. Im not sure what exactly is the problem which is why i hoping someone has some advice to share.
Any help would be appreciated.
Steps I took:
1. Took the HDD and put it into my old comp and it worked just fine, so I formatted it and put windows on it, tried to switch it back to my new build and still blue screen.
2. Made sure that CD-ROM is the first boot priority, and my HDD does show up in the bios, but in windows installation it says it cannot detect any mass storage device.
3. Tried switching Sata cables no luck.
4. Ran MemTest86 with about 8+ passes and no errors where found.
5. Switched my storage settings from IDE to ACHI
Computer Specs: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/ [...] r=25600848
( Only thing different is I have a Nvidia GeForce 560, not TI
And my HDD is a Seagate 120GB 7200RPM Sata drive.
I really cannont think of what could be the problem other than either a bad mobo, or bad cpu, or that I am just needing to install some sort of drivers or maybe flash my mobo.
At this point the only other things I can think to do is flash my mobo to the latest BIOS settings, or try another hard drive.
Thank you again for any information to solve this problem!
Here is the error:
Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0x0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000
Note: I have not installed any drivers for any hardware yet, didn't think I needed to until I get an OS on it, but if im wrong which drivers?
At first I got a different error which I looked up and found out that my OS CD did not have Service Pack 2 on it so I got a new OS Windows XP CD and tried to install it and now get this error.
I am lost please help I am literally getting brained damage from banging my head on a wall...