New Build BSOD! Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirmertis

Beta member
So I recently put together a build yesterday and got everything together. I turned it on and was so happy because I got the splash screen and then the sign saying I don't have an OS Installed. So I took my old HDD out of my old computer and completely wiped it with Dban, which later I thought was a stupid idea. So I plugged it in anyways and tried to install windows, right after I click "Push any key to boot CD" it starts to configure the windows installation, but about a minute later I get a blue screen that says windows has stopped to prevent damage. Im not sure what exactly is the problem which is why i hoping someone has some advice to share.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steps I took:
1. Took the HDD and put it into my old comp and it worked just fine, so I formatted it and put windows on it, tried to switch it back to my new build and still blue screen.
2. Made sure that CD-ROM is the first boot priority, and my HDD does show up in the bios, but in windows installation it says it cannot detect any mass storage device.
3. Tried switching Sata cables no luck.
4. Ran MemTest86 with about 8+ passes and no errors where found.
5. Switched my storage settings from IDE to ACHI

Computer Specs: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/ [...] r=25600848 ( Only thing different is I have a Nvidia GeForce 560, not TI

And my HDD is a Seagate 120GB 7200RPM Sata drive.

I really cannont think of what could be the problem other than either a bad mobo, or bad cpu, or that I am just needing to install some sort of drivers or maybe flash my mobo.
At this point the only other things I can think to do is flash my mobo to the latest BIOS settings, or try another hard drive.
Thank you again for any information to solve this problem!
Here is the error:
Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0x0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000

Note: I have not installed any drivers for any hardware yet, didn't think I needed to until I get an OS on it, but if im wrong which drivers?

At first I got a different error which I looked up and found out that my OS CD did not have Service Pack 2 on it so I got a new OS Windows XP CD and tried to install it and now get this error.

I am lost please help I am literally getting brained damage from banging my head on a wall...:dead:

Can you put the drive in another computer and run chkdsk on it? It could be bad/corrupted sectors where XP needs to put the boot.ini files.

I found this about your issue on Microsoft's MSDN site:
If you receive one of these error messages while you are installing Windows XP, update the computer BIOS or obtain Windows XP drivers for your hard disk controller (from the manufacturer of your computer, system board, or hard disk controller), or do both. For information about how to update your computer's BIOS or obtain Windows XP drivers, contact your computer manufacturer.

Trotter thank you for the help I really appreciate it. But yesterday about 10 minutes after I posted this I was reading a forum that reminded that on my old computer I had formatted the drive as IDE, and on my new build in the mobo storage settings it was set to ACHI (Which everyone was telling me to switch it to that). So for laughs I thought why not try and switch it to IDE and see if that works. Well believe it or not it worked!!!

Thank you for your help, these forums are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom