new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpo

Solid State Member
Hi, Rick here. I need a little help please. I built a new computer on 11/28/08.
here's what went into it.

Asus Nvidia Nforce 790 SLI Striker II NSE motherboard

EVGA E-Geforce 9600GT Dx10 ready 1gb DDR3 video card

OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800
special op urban elite 1600mhz 2- 2gb sticks (4gb).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor - 2.66GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Kentsfield, Quad-Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan

Thermaltake / Silent 775D / Socket 775 / Copper Core / Copper Heatpipes / CPU Fan

Now, my problem is that after booting up , a short time later it freezes up on me. was wondering if I have conflicting parts that I don't know about or if bios are set wrong or.......??
This is my first build and I am at a loss. Please help!! thanks

Sorry, forgot to add a couple of things.

O/S is Windows XP Pro

HDD is Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, Serial ATA-300, OEM

Freezing? Have you checked your cables, plugs, if it's starting and stopping intermediately, are you having a blue screen?

Have you updated all of your drivers ?

You should of come to us before building we could of improved that build quite a bit and saved you some cash. Where exactly does it crash? does windows boot or do you only get upto the bios.

I wish I would of found this forum before I bought my computer. People here are very helpfull. My loss.

Sorry for slow replies, windows does boot up. Seems as if it freezes when the screen saver starts up. No blue screens, just mouse and keyboard freezes. If I do a reboot, everything is fine for a few minutes then freezes again.

Sorry for slow replies, windows does boot up. Seems as if it freezes when the screen saver starts up. No blue screens, just mouse and keyboard freezes. If I do a reboot, everything is fine for a few minutes then freezes again.

Have you ran memtest yet?

I'm sorry, don't really know how to do that.
Memtest 86 is a ram testing program that checks bad memory sectors. You can google it for further information.

thank you for that info....can you direct me to a good ram for my motherboard??

Pulled up some corsair ram
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
not to sure what else you could use seeing that this is strange that ram simply won't work on a board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom