New build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
Hello,

Quick question... So my situation is my new build isnt even booting.. so i figured id go off of beeps... the case i bought doesnt come with a speaker so can i use just the system speaker jumper from my old case for the system speaker and plug that in. I'm hoping theres something more too it because even when i do that i get no beep still. thnx input is needed.

Hi, not sure I totally understand your question here. The pc usually uses an onboard speaker to 'beep'. The speaker looks like a little, fat, black cylinder with a hole on the top.
Are you saying your mobo doesn't have one of these?

Basically this situation is... my mobo doesnt have an integrated speaker like some. The mobo does have a small 6 pin jumper connector though. I was just asking if I could actually connect a speaker jumper from my old case and just that.

thnx

Yea for sure, i triple checked everything during the build. But yea the comp doesnt boot at all and no beeps to let me try to troubleshoot anything. I'm prob gonna send the motherboard back.

Hey guys,

So today i get the new mobo, but ive been wondering one thing. So I plugged in all the jumpers for the pwrsw,pled,reset,ide_led. So when i connect the psu to power and flip it on the mobo automatically comes on without waiting for me to actually press the power switch. When i hold the power switch button down for 5secs...nothing the comp doesnt turn off. I've done this for two different cases and the same exact thing. Is this any indication of either a bad mobo or psu. Because I know its not normal and the mobo doesnt beep or anything even with the system speaker. Obviously i hope its the mb and a quick fix. Was wondering your insight on the matter.

thnx,
hiimnew

The mobo owners manual actually has a pic of which the way the jumpers should go in. So yea i covered that and just in case ive done it the other way too. When i flip the power on from the psu the mb, vid card show power the fan from the cpu starts going off and then nothing as far as video from the gpu.

On to the 2nd mobo and you know what... the exact same issue. No video what so ever, ive tried both pci-e slots and nothing. Cant get a beep out of it, although i did read a review written by a guy who was in the same exact spot as me with the same mb. Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

So at this point im gonna send back the mb Again and send back the processor just incase. Im not sure if thats bad either, but just to make sure as far as the warranty goes. Not sure what else to do. I tried to boot with just ram, vid and mb.. nothing. Anyone with ideas please send em, im all ears.

thnx

Ok so i figured out what was wrong. When i was just stumped and kept messing with stuff, on my case Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases the powersupply is to be placed on the bottom of the case. As per directions of the corsair 650 tx it says if thats the case, turn the psu upside down so that the fan is facing upward toward the open air. So instead i decided to turn it right side up and it posts magically. Like I've said before this is my first build and been a learning experience the whole way. Now im onto my second issue. Everything is new, im using this
HardDrive: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives.
MB:Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
VID:Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

So now im on to installing vista... When i attempt to boot vista from the dvd drive(primary boot option) the led will blink and sound like its transfering data, except nothing happens. So im stuck on exactly what to do at this point. Im gonna update the bios so the sata drivers are up to date, but when i check in the bios the bios shows the hard drives there. So wondering what you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom