New BSOD: atimpag.sys, weird stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert6

Solid State Member
Hey everyone. A few weeks ago I finally fixed my other problem, but unfortunately I have a new one, and it is a really weird one.

The gist of it is this:

A couple days ago I had a couple power surges, and I have started to have some problems.

A few times when I have booted up, I got artifacts in the form of lines on the loginscreen. If I logged in, it would crash soon after. Strangely, I could fix the lines by unplugging the connector that goes from the monitor to the back of the GPU, and I do not think a crash has resulted after I have done that.

Another one of the issues is that I will be playing a youtube video, I will notice the video has turned green (!), and soon after I will get a atimpag.sys BSOD.

Another issue that occurs (and is occuring right now) is that when I right click an icon, like my CCC or my realtek audio, the pop-up mini-menu items will turn pink when I mouse over them. I don't think a crash results from this, and I can't solve it by unplugging and replugging the connector between the GPU and the monitor.

There is a matter I deem unnecessary in which I messed up a system restore, and had to do a restore from my w7 cd.

I think that the power surge may have messed something up, and I would like some other opinions on how I need to proceed. It really sucks because I just received a new 4870 512 from Visiontek since I (wrongfully) RMA'd it in an attempt to fix my old problem. I also have an new RMA'd gskill RAM stick.

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be given.

Here is a link to a screenshot of the weird *** pink stuff.

http://a.imageshack.us/img201/4350/problemi.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/i/moreproblem.jpg/

Another problem.

First, have you had any power surges while your new card was installed?

have you tried uninstalling your video card drivers and updating to the newest ones from ati? you should have these-

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=win7-64&lang=English

top of the page...

also, what psu do you have and what are its specs?

also, what mobo do you have, and have you tried taking the graphics card out and running it in a diff slot?

posting basic system specs usually helps when you have a hardware or software issue.

First, have you had any power surges while your new card was installed?
Yes, just happened a couple days ago, when I really started to notice the new problem.

have you tried uninstalling your video card drivers and updating to the newest ones from ati? you should have these-
I haven't, but I will. Thanks.

also, what psu do you have and what are its specs?
Corsair tx650.

also, what mobo do you have, and have you tried taking the graphics card out and running it in a diff slot?
ASUS p5k Pro. I haven't tried taking the graphics card out and running it in the other slot, but the other slot is a 4x or 8x, not a 16x pci express.

You should have two pcie x16 slots on your asus mobo if im not mistake, take the card out and try running it in the oppsite one; I would definitely try new graphics drivers first.

Hopefully the surge didnt permanently damage your GPU, if you had another gpu to try out you could tell if it was a mobo chipset issue or gpu issue.

You should have two pcie x16 slots on your asus mobo if im not mistake, take the card out and try running it in the oppsite one; I would definitely try new graphics drivers first.

Hopefully the surge didnt permanently damage your GPU, if you had another gpu to try out you could tell if it was a mobo chipset issue or gpu issue.

I have an 8800 GT available for my use. I'll do the drivers, then swap the GPU slots, then try the 8800 GT.

Another problem: My monitor will sometimes randomly go to "sleep" when I alt-tab or exit a game. It is fixed by removing my connector between my GPU and my monitor and reconnecting it.

The removing of the connector and replugging it in seems to fix a couple of my problems, does anybody have any idea what that could indicate?

I believe the problem is fixed. I swapped my GPU to my secondary PCI-Express slot and all the graphical errors/artifacts went away.

Thanks for the help again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom