New asus p8h67-m le, HDMI output to digital TV causes reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettd68

Beta member
Hi, this is my first post here I would very much appreciate any help with this problem. I have asked friends and googled around a lot before posting.:)
Computer is:
ASUS P8H67-M LE rev3.0
i5 2400 3.1GHz with GPU:
Intel HD Graphics2000,1xVGA,1xDVI,1xHDMI outputs on motherboard.
4Gb ram
SATA HDD
USB DVD
Windows XP pro sp3
400w cooler master elite PSU. Have seen 300w packaged with same mobo so I hope PSU isn't part of the problem.

This is a very recent build.
It is used solely for audio software at the moment which is the reason for staying with XP at least for now.
I am very happy with the way it is running and all applications are silky smooth and fast as. Unfortunately this is not a review....:(

I have 2 Samsung 20" monitors. One is connected to DVI (primary) the other to VGA. I am running extended desktop at 1680x1050.
I have a Samsung HD 50" plasma connected to the HDMI output.
The intel GPU interface HD2000 recognises the TV in the list of displays but if I select Samsung digital TV as output either singly or in combination with another output, the computer instantly powers off and reboots.
When it posts ASUS screen it briefly shows on the TV but then signal returns to digital monitor and windows reports recovery from a serious error.....:hrmph:

All of the relevant drivers are installed and are as up to date as can be and the computer performs flawlessly in every other respect.

My googling on this topic was not very helpful as I couldn't find anyone with identical problem, which is unusual in my experience.

Help anyone?

It is used solely for audio software at the moment which is the reason for staying with XP at least for now.
I am afraid that does not make sense, unless the makers of the audio software have gone out of business and don't make a current solution. Otherwise, there is no good reason to install an old, outdated, less secure, legacy operating system on modern hardware.

I suspect it might be a resolution issue with three monitors and your extended desktop settings. I would try just the TV and see if it works by itself. You might set the desktop to be duplicated on all - at least during testing. You might also benefit from a multi-monitor utility. I use UltraMon – not free, but worth it. Others have suggested the free DisplayFusion, but I have no experience with it.

Thanks for your reply Digerati. I've tried the TV as single output and the same thing happens. Power off, reboot, a brief post to the TV.

I will try cloning the display for test and will look at the software you have suggested. You are right about retrofitting XP to new hardware....
My old computer ran out of guts mid project and new computer was a quick rebuild to get up and going again. XP is all I had.

I have purchased another 4Gb of ram and will have to buy windows 7. Have thought about graphics card option as I don't like the intel graphics interface much. Would prefer nVidia.
In all other aspects I am happy with how the computer runs and HDMI output is not a necessity, I just really hoped it would work without any problems in XP. Thanks, I will keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom