MOBO: ASUS Crosshair II Formula
SATA1: 1TB Seagate HDD 7200RPM
SATA2: 200GB Maxtor HDD 7200RPM
SATA3: ASUS DVD/CD Reader combo
RAM: 4 x 1024MB OCZ Fatal1ty @ 1066MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Sound Blaster
Video: Onboard

The Problem
I can get the system to usually post, at most times.

I can enter the bios.

The bios is fully updated.

Bios recognizes all components. All are compatible.

I successfully installed Vista-64 for some reason last night; ONLY because I had the DVD drive and 200G HDD going, nothing else.

When the system crashes, it's almost an instant "click" and everything dies, all fans, everything but the LEDs located on the motherboard. I can then easily restart it.

It seems that if I unplug everything it can run stable in bios set-up, or post, lcd view.

I don't understand what this could be, the deathly crashes happen frequently and sporatically. It's rare to actually get the computer to boot with both the DVD drive and HDD and stay running for a while before all crashes and then, dies.

I hope this isn't due to my MOBO and it's a faulty PSU. I've tried many things.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all and any time on helping me :) very appreciated!

Sad to say I don't, that's why I'm trying to make sure it is the PSU before I drop $200 on a new one. The one I have was never used until I got it. :\

Anyone else have any ideas what it could be?

Aside upping the RAM volts possibly, I need to check what they're at, even if that's the case; that could correlate to my "death syndrome"?

It's quite spontaneous, with that said I don't understand how it could be a PSU issue some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom