New AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he'll have to get a new motherboard, proc, ram, and video card, since he's using soc 478 right now

how much money do you have to spend? i would just build a new comp or something.. or if you just want a vid card you could settle for some agp 6600GT or something

Youd really build a new comp, I wouldnt yet my comp isnt crappy enough to justify a total remake it runs everything including new games fine (just not on max settings). I definitely do not want to go out and spend 3k canadian on a whole new build. I just need a new agp card and I guess id spend 400 if need be but I'll probably just end up waiting a while then getting a new one once its down to like 250. Do they make new AGP cards still or did that end with the 6800 ultra?

I just looked at the 6600 gt and it looks to be a great card, I read your article about buying new video cards, could you further explain why it is that you reccoment a 128 mb card over a 256 one? If I get this card will I notice a large improvement in graphics or just slightly better over my radeion 9800 pro?

Optimally I would like to play doom 3 and FEAR on high maybe with a few things turned off and still get a frame rate aboove 50 at all times.

The 6600GT will do that in Doom 3 no prob. FEAR is a bit harder, but you should be able to play it at 1024x768 most things medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom