Network/Isatap Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroplane22

Baseband Member
So suddenly and without warning, my two ethernet ports on my motherboard just ceased to work, along with the Microsoft Isatap Adapter also having problems.

I think it had something to do with uninstalling Comodo firewall and AVG, perhaps something was deleted. To try and fix the problem I have uninstalled all three and reinstalled the correct and updated drivers. However, this doesn't work.

If I uninstall the two 'NICs' it will eventually replicate itself, i.e. give itself a number, so now my motherboard NICs are at approximately Ethernet #17 and Ethernet #18. Both the ports and the Isatap adapter give the code 31 driver error in device manager, though whenever I try an uninstall and reinstall, it will just say that the drivers do not work.

I really don't know what I can do to fix it. I'd rather not have to reformat and reinstall windows just to fix a shady error. It seems like whenever something unknown comes up, the answer is to completely reinstall windows. Frankly, I've done that too many times this year to fix 'problems'. Then I'd have to deal with microsoft support for a new license key... le sigh...

any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom