Network Connection problems on the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trepkos

Baseband Member
Power went out, upon rebooting my computer, the two Ethernet connections are now missing from the network connections window and only the 1394 connection remains. I have tried checking to see if the connections are visible in device manager and they are not. I have even tried to detect new hardware with no success. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the chipset drivers and still the computer does not seem to identify any Ethernet connections down there.

I think Ive tried everything. Did the power going out fry my motherboard in that aspect or is there any other tests or methods I can run because as of now I am unable to access the Internet on that computer. This happened during a lightening storm but I find it hard to believe that lightening would actually run in on a phone line and sabatoge only the Ethernet network adapters on the motherboard while not messing with the phone line/modem/router etc. Everything else with the computer seems to be fine.

Power outages should not cause your motherboard port/s to break. You might want to reset BIOS. See if that helps.

Try getting Ethernet drivers. My Ethernet port failed on an old board I had. Don't know why.

Actually when I reformatted the computer before I had to install the chipset drivers for the computer to recognize the network adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom