netgear wg111v2 driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

keba

In Runtime
I am installing the netgear wg111v2 wireless adapter driver on a newly installed laptop with xp home SP3, but the installation stops halfway.
I have tried several versions of the driver, and have googled for hours now to no avail. In each case, the installation will stop at what is described as step 14 in this guide:
Answer
As soon as I click next, the installation will minimize, and nothing will happen after that. I have tried both having the adapter connected from the start, and inserting it when it asks.
After waiting approximately 15min, I have restarted the system, and afterwards found an actual driver in the Netgear folder in 'program files', but it still doesn't work.
In the device manager, the adapter has a big question mark, and it is clear that it doesn't work.
When choosing the driver manually as an 'update' in the device manager, it is not recognized as the right driver, even though it obviously is. Its even called 'net111v2.inf'.

EDIT: This didn't work either: WG111v2 install problem - NETGEAR Forums

I am totally clueless. It seems I have tried With the utility, and Without, and neither have worked.

I would really appreciate a solution to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom