Netgear DG834Gv2 connects to WG111v2 but not to WG111v3. Why ?
I have recenty bought two Netgear WG111v3 to expand my home network, based on an Netgear DG834Gv2 ADSL Router/Firewall.
One earlier installed wireless connection is between a WG111v2 and the DG834Gv2. This connection was easy to establish and has always worked perfectly. (Windows XP Prof)
When I now try to establish a WG111v3 connection to the DG834Gv2 from a PC with Vista Home Premium, I simply do not succeed. I have removed the WEP encryption on the DG834Gv2 but that makes no difference. The Netgear Connection Wizzard installs the software and firmware (latest version) on the Vista PC without any problem, the Wizzard detects the DG834Gv2 based WLAN readily, but refuses to connect to the WG111v3.
Most grateful for your input or suggestion.
One day later: I got in touch with Netgear telephone support i Sweden, who explained to me that one must add the MAC-addresses of the two WG111v3 devices to the DG834Gv2 firmware in order to establish the connection.