Netbook - Wifi turning off constantly.

python1338

Beta member
Hello guys, i have netbook ackard Bell Dot S DOT_SE/P-243CZ , i have installed new, clean system, installed original drivers, but my wifi turns off after 2-10min using, then i have to wait and restart system, fn + f2 doesn't work.

It looks like overheating problem as it is turning off after a while using, is it possible?
Thanks

It's possible that it's overheating or failing in some other way. If you have an available USB port you may consider using a USB wifi dongle instead of the internal.

Have you tried getting the newest drivers from the manufacturer of the actual wifi card (i.e. Atheros, Intel, Broadcom, etc.) rather than the old drivers provided from the CD or Packard Bell?

The onboard wireless may be malfunctioning due to overheating; I have a laptop with that very problem. The only thing I can really recommend is to do as mentioned above and try using a USB dongle instead. Or, depending on the location of the card in the computer physically, you could try peeling the machine apart like an onion and then cleaning any cooling vents and such. Things like dust buildup and pet hair can be the kiss of death for any mobile computer.

Is that while you were sitting idle, or while you were running CPU-intensive tasks or doing something when it normally shuts down?

Have you tried updating your wifi drivers like I suggested as well?

Is that while you were sitting idle, or while you were running CPU-intensive tasks or doing something when it normally shuts down?

Have you tried updating your wifi drivers like I suggested as well?

Yes i tried more drivers, temps were in idle..

anyway i tried usb wifi and it keeps turning off...

Back
Top Bottom