need to transfer files to new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdog

Beta member
Hey all,

This is my first post :D

So I have a dell workstation that I bought about 6 years ago. It has or had two scsi 10K rpm harddrives (68-pin ultra 160 quantum). It now doesn't work, so I want to transfer the old files from the old scsi drives to my new laptop (HP Pavillion ze2000).

There is no power to my workstation (due to motherboard and/or power supply issues) so I am wondering how to get this stuff
transferred over. I don't have knowledge of, or access to any server related solutions....I am welcome to low-tech suggestions if possible.

The one idea I had, was to buy a scsi card (the scsi adapter on
the dead workstation is on the motherboard) for a friend and have him burn some DVD's...but I doubt he would still be my friend after burning so many DVD's for me. Would that work? Is there a better way? Thanks in advance.

Instal the SCSI drives onto your buddies computer, copy the desired files onto his HD, and network his computer and your notebook together. that way, you won't have to burn so many DVD's, and you'll still get yoru files!

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Instal the SCSI drives onto your buddies computer, copy the desired files onto his HD, and network his computer and your notebook together. that way, you won't have to burn so many DVD's, and you'll still get yoru files!

Thanks Sw1tCh!

I'll give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom