Need SWITCH HELP on Sony HMD A200

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomshak

Beta member
Hi all,

I own 2 HMD A200 Sony Monitors. I believe the on-off switch on one of them has just gone out. Reason being, it fails to light when I click it and I've read this is a common problem.

Sad that such a great monitor can be hamstrung by one inferior part (oh well, monitors and space shuttles I suppose).

Anyway, I am wondering, is there a way I can sort of by-pass the switch in the monitor so that it is in an "always-on" status? I'm not sure how switches on coimputer monitors work, but could I just clip off the switch itself and hard-wire the connection together?

I have another working monitor. Could I attach the switch from that one long enough to turn the monitor on and just leave it "ON" forever, then remove the switch? Does the switch have do be there to complete the circuit even though the monitor is "on"?

I have contacted Sony to get a new switch, but they have none and no idea where I can get one (you would think the monitor was 15 years old - oh well).

Thanks, hate to let a $300 monitor go to waste over a $5 switch I can't replace

:angry:

Take it to your local TV repair shop........ they should be able to help you out with the part/s and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom