Need sound card expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepyz

Baseband Member
I have a Sound blaster live 5.1 bought a long long time ago and worked fine until i bought 5.1 suround sound speakers. They just work like regular speakers, the center and back speakers aren't working and don't have EAX. When i try installing from the cd all the software like Audio HQ and others don't work.

I tried updating drivers and it tells me i don't have a sound blaster installed? Its installed as Emu10k1 (WDM). Did buy it OEM several years ago. I'm pretty sure everything is in the right plugs and I did set windows XP for the suround sound setup. And the onboard ac'97 audio is disabled.

I think I may be a knock off of sound blaster but where would i get the drivers for this? But for manufacturer it is listed as Creative technologies.

Any ideas?

sounds like the card isn't genuine, which means it would most likely only work with the drivers on the install CD. so you're saying none of the manufacturer's configuration software works? if that's the case it seems you're in a tough position, to me it sounds as if it's only a configuration problem in getting 5.1 enabled as i know what a pain that can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom