need some help concerning 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
ok, after i upgraded my old card (8800gts) to my new card (gtx280)
i sold the old card on ebay.

i just got this email today from the buyer, (he has had the card for over a week now according to my tracking numbers, edit: was delivered on 12-11-08)

Hi, I just got my motherboard and cpu and put the card in and it has red lines running vertically though the picture. I have tried two other card in the setup and they both work fine. The psu is brand new and 585 watts dual 20 mp 12 volt rails and tests good (I did try other psus as well. I'd like to return the card for a refund (unless you know how to get it to work) I have used 8800 gts cards in the past so I am familiar with correct instalation procedures.
Thanks

i am 100% positive that this card was working just like it was when it was new before i shipped it.
i made plenty sure that it was packed very well to prevent "usps" damage.

what the heck are my options.
i emailed this guy back asking for his total system specs to i could try to figure out if anything didnt add up.

your thoughts?

i need all the help i can get on this because i cannot afford to refund the money for a card that may have been overclocked and damaged that way.

edit: i feel like this guy is trying to scam me now.
gayness.jpg

i find out that he is a trader. (buy low sell high)

after doing some research, i find that he has had multiple 8800gts of the same type as mine. thus i would never know if he would just send me back one of his "non" working cards.

EVGA has a lifetime warranty don't they? Get it back and RMA it . I think you are getting scammed. Note for the future if you are going to sell something like this mark it in a way that you will know it is yourd. Like take the top off the cooler and mark it and the card. You could tell him you have marked it in a way that you will know if its your card and if you get it back and the marks are not there you will not refund his money. Just to see if his story changes.

this card is not showing up as registered @ my evga profile.
not sure if i could rma this card if i did get it back.

the buyer of this card has opened up a paypal dispute on me.

he closed his auction after he knew that i knew about it. but atleast i have the above screen shot.

he is saying "item not as described"

ill just have to dispute my way out of this one now. :eek:

in my auction, never did i say i would offer returns or refunds, so that should help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom