Need some help about my hdd drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolv

AKA , gt7sanremo
Currently I have my main 80gig IDE hdd connected with all my current data and os on it, and the jumper is set to master. When I connect my old SATA 250gig seagate, my computer runs incredibly slow and almost freezes.

I just want to transfer some of the data that I want, like music and stuff to my IDE hdd. When I go into bios it says its recognized and everything but I just don't know what is goin on. Anyone know why it slows my computer and sometimes freezes it? I'm thinkin the seagate is shot. Or unless I have to change something in bios.

I don't think I have the drive cd for the hard drive though. I never thought about checking for drivers for it.

I'm sure HDD's doesn't require any sort of drivers to start the transferring process. How about you try changing the jumpers of the old 250GB, get some CD's and send all the music and such to the CD and write it as a Data disc? Have you tried connecting the old 250GB HDD to your computer without the 80GB HDD?

In your Bios there is an option for your SATA drives to run in enhanced or Compatible mode. Should be enhanced by default, try changing it to compatible.

Also look on your SATA drive, if there's a jumper on it, completely remove it. If there isn't a jumper on it, put one on the pins that Restrict data transfer to 1.5gbps

Best suggestions I can think of.

Ya there isn't a jumper in the 250 so its getting the full 3.0 gbs out. Before I can write my music on cd's, my computer gets so slow and laggy that it locks up before I can start to. So I'll change the SATA to that compatible mode in bios, I just don't have it hooked up right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom