In need of some ASAP help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Hello everyone,

I'm in need of some help as soon as possible. I just got home from Fry's and bought some Corsair XMS2 that seemed cheap after rebates. They're DDR2-800 while my 1GB Crucial is DDR2-667. I took out my Crucial and swapped it with the new Corsairs I got. First I plugged in 2 sticks and it didn't work. When I tried 1 stick (the one I'm thinking that works), my computer would turn on. When I tried the other stick, my monitor would just be flickering between Digital and Analog. What I'm assuming is that 1 of the 2 sticks needs to be RMA or I might just return both of them tomorrow.

My motherboard is a ECS P4M900T-M. I checked it and the motherboard said it supports DDR2-667. Can this motherboard support the DDR2-800's though? I also downloaded the Crucial Memory Scan and it said that I can run DDR2-800's on my computer. My Crucial is currently plugged back in by the way.

If this is a problem between the speed then I guess I'll have to return it and find some DDR2-667 instead.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Crap nevermind. Found out that this motherboard supports no memory further then 667.

Alright I just tweaked my settings a bit in BIOS and my timing comes out to 4-4-4-12 1:1 FSB : DRAM ratio. What I'm wondering now is that, when my computer goes through POST, it only shows that my computer is detecting 1024MB of RAM. While when I check in my CPU-Z, it shows 2048.

Here's a CPU-Z Picture if you guys need it.
cpuz.jpg

What really matters is if Windows is seeing the full 2GB. Go Start -> Run... -> Type "dxdiag" in the box and see what that says for memory.

You should be able to bring those much lower than what they are running at right now. They're only running at 540MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom