In need of serious help. (Video card trouble)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xine

Solid State Member
I've been trying to rule out possible problems with my current adapter, and from my view all that's left is that it's a faulty card or it's burnt out somehow which is the last thing I'm hoping for. I've never used it before, only tried to install it and get it to work, so, it's never fully worked yet.

I'm on a Compaq, and you would think the BIOS is pretty straight-forward, but I've tried to disable onboard graphics in it but it doesn't seem to effect anything. In the BIOS, it looks like this: Primary Display Adapter: 1.) PCI 2.) AGP/Onboard. So I'm guessing the onboard is connected to the AGP slot, which sucks because I'm trying to install an AGP card. So which choice should I choose? I've tried both but neither seem to work.

I've even tried it through the control panel in windows with the device manager. I selected the onboard adapter and disabled it, then rebooted and when I connect the monitor to the card all I get is a black screen (No beeps). Is it the card? If someone could run me through this the correct way it would be greatly appreciated. Here are a few specs:

Manufacturer: Compaq
RAM: 512mb
CPU: AMD Sempron +3000 2.00GHz
Mainboard: ASUSTek
Onboard Adapter: VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP (64mb)
Card trying to install: GeForce 5200 FX BFG (256mb AGP)

If there's anything else you wish to know just ask, and I'll gladly oblige. I'm using Sandra 2005 for comp specs. This is really frustrating, and I hope I can get a final answer here, be it a good one or a bad one. I just want this over with.

Is there a way that you can test this card in anther computer?
I have bough more than one faulty part in my time. If you canÂ’t test it on another computer and you bought it form a local store then you can probably have them test it. If you bought it off the internet they should be able to have you ship it back and they will ether send you a new one or they will test it and send it back. Either way the card manufacturer should have a customer support 1800 number you can call. And if they canÂ’t solve your problem then demand a refund.

Hope I helped have a nice day!

The onboard AGP is a chip separate from the graphics slot. Ive never had this board but I think the 1(PCI 2 should be changed to AGP and the AGP/onboard should be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom