Need serious help with Burner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
i have been having problem with my burner for months now and i need some help plz

when I try to burn a cd or dvd using nero mostly, i would get the "focus or track error" and the burning failed messages. It seemed like if i try slower burning speed, it would process more % but eventually give me the error messages at some point.
Is it the burner problem? I have switched the burner once and it still gives the same problem. So i was quite confused.
Or is it something wrong with the software? is it because i have other programs running in the background?

Someone please help... i am not sure what to do... not sure if getting a new burner would fix the problem at all

thanks

Ok if you've tried a new burner and youre getting the exact same problem, i would either say your computer is struggling with the burn if you have lots of programs open in the background, or perhaps your IDE cable is faulty. Are you using a 40 pin or 80 pin IDE cable? (80pin would be beneficial).

Another thing you can try: See if you get any errors when burning cd's with windows xp's built in feature.

right click on the files you wanna put on disk > sent to > then choose your cd. Put blank cd in and viola!

I tried it.. still fail about half way through.. and it doesn't say way.. just say some error that caused it to fail.

i am starting to think its problem with IDE cable?

it wouldnt hurt to try a new IDE cable. Check the pins on secondary IDE channel, also check the ribbon for gashes or exposed wiring.

If it was the cable your burner wouldn't even get started.

Try a different type of media, some machines don't like all types of media. Most machines that have that problem will work best with DVD-R, you also could have a quality issue, try a good brand like Ritek Redata, Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom