Need Serious Help

charlesincharge7190

Beta member
I'm moving my aunt computer from one case to another and someone else worked on her computer before me. There is a screw going through the motherboard holding the motherboard to the case and the screw appears to be stripped because when I go to unscrew it it just makes a click noise and won't come out. It just keeps turning and clicking. So I can't get the motherboard out of the first case! Anyone ever experienced this or know what to do, thnx so much.

Can you get the other screws out? I find that sometimes if you turn the board by a few degrees, it will lessen the tension.

What case do you have, that you are trying to remove this from?

It's possible that the stand off came loose instead of the mounting screw. you can remove all the other screws and see if the board comes out, from the bottom side you should see the stand off.

Or....
The screw is stripped. you can gently try pulling up on the board while turning the screw loose and see of the threads catch, possibly stick a wedge between the board and the screw and try turning the screw while wedging up. use something out of plastic like your drivers license or a credit card. Using something metallic will scratch and damage the board, especially if you slip while attempting to use upward pressure while turning the screw

Back
Top Bottom