Need serious help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirrodin

Beta member
Hello. I have a very serious problem. My fans run all the time on my computer now since i updated my BIOS. The computer is very noisy and i cannot play any games now without the fans going on full blast. My computer is an HP pavilion a1410n. I have contacted HP many times on this problem and i know someone knows the reason why but i dont think they get the big picture. My PC was never noisy before the update. Now the fan runs constantly and higher than usual.. Its really quite annoying and i dont want to use my PC but i have too. My motherboard is: Manufacturer: Asus; Motherboard Name: A8N-LA. Is there anyway i can calm down my PC fans? The processor fan and the fan in the back are the ones that appear to be running as the power supply fan is still quiet. Could it be that the Cool&Quiet technology is off? Anyway to get it back on? I really need this problem fixed as i am always on my computer doing work/playing. So please, post any ideas what the problem may be. Ive tried using default on the BIOS but it didnt work and i really dont want to send it into HP and have to wait 8-10 days to get it back when the problem can be fixed in 10 minutes. Thanks for reading this long post. If you need more information, please do not hesitate to ask. Also, is there anyway that if i take it somewhere to get the factory settings of my motherboard back? Would the place do it?

You can download and use speedfan program. It will let you control your cpu fan speed. Don't turn it way down though as you might risk a heat problem.

here

You might need to blow out the inside of your PC. Your temps may be high, causing the fans to run.

Open up the case and check it out. Speedfan will tell you your temps as well.

A can of compressed air costs about $4 at WalMart.

same thing happened to me

same thing happened to my HP pavilion a1410n PC.

updater notified me of a update for the bios, now my computer's jacked up.

almost any program that i open uses 100% of the CPU making the fan go ultra sonic.

contacted HP technician. told me to re-download the bios from hp web site and install it. did that, didn't work.

might have to take it in, hope the warranty covers it.

cant believe your still using the PC when the fan goes all crazy.
cant be good for the PC. I'm afraid that i might burn out the power supply or something.

i don't think compressed air is going to fix this.

anyone no a solution?

i know the problem has to do with the bios update.

Im not an amd user but im pretty sure the cool n quiet option is in the bios if that got disabled,

Check the bios for settings of the fan speeds. The new bios version my not have saved the fan speed settings. But make sure the cpu hs/f is not plugged with dustbunny's, Like trotter said.

You can always revert to the old bios version.

this might help you Mirrodin. it wont for me,
i used my recovery disc and did a complete system restore. hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. thus i think erasing all of my saves dates.

when i could of just used system restore, it restores the system to a previous state before the problem.

the PC automatically saves dates when you install certain programs you can go back to a date when the PC was working fine.

go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools, click on "system restore", restore my computer to an earlier time
click "next", pick a date or month.

never tried it because i have no dates to go back to.

post how it turns out.

probably have to take mine in.
anyone no a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom