need quick help with inspiron 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

achrome

Beta member
So I went tot he library today to work on a project, and went to boot up my trusty old lappy when *gasp* it wouldn't start up. The fan would rev, but there'd be nothing displayed, and it soon shut off by itself. Another note: it apparently refused to charge. Im sure this has something to do with it.. I've even tried my sister's cable for her laptop (same kind). The light that indicated batt. charging doesn't light up at all. It does blink once though when plugging in, but that's it. Absolutely any suggestions here are greatly appreciated, as I am in the middle of this project, and I would hate to loose it now... Thanks all...

So, I'm going to assume that it doesn't boot off of AC Power either? If it won't boot up, regardless of power source, I would send it in to Dell. It could be a bad board, fan, memory ... the list goes on. If it will boot up on AC Power, then they need to replace the power assembly. Either way, you're gonna have to send that sucker to Round Rock, TX!

I have an old laptop, that sounds familiar if I completely drain my battery it wonÂ’t turn on of course, and if I plug it in it just sits there and blinks. I havenÂ’t actually looked into the problem and itÂ’s not a big deal to me I just turn it on and it charges. I think it has something to do with the battery, I have been watching mine deteriorate over the years it stated out at a good four hours and now I only get about an hour to forty minutes of run time. I need a new battery but now it would be cheaper to buy a new laptop which I think I am going to do. In your case the laptop is fairly new and if you have a warranty by all means send it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom