Need helpt getting my Realtech RTL8168 to work on MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all!

I have a wonderful rig that has been working perfect for over one year. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and then I noticed the network cards on the motherboard not working.

Can someone here help me on this please?

Here are my components:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45 UD3P

It has two ethernet networking cards soldered on the MB:

Reaktec RTL 8168/8111

I see two of the yellow flags in Device Manager on the cards as well as a Code 10 in the General tab of the Device Manager.

I am attaching 3 pics of windows such as the Device Manager in the hope someone can recognize what the problem is and help me to solve it.

I am not sure if it is a driver issue or simply disabled....

Can someone here help solve this issue? I have been using a wireless adaptor so I have online capabilities but I would like to utilize the CAT 5 wire to the ethernet card.

Thanks,

Soar

Attachments

• Q9550 Device Manager Pic.JPG
    Q9550 Device Manager Pic.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Realtec image.JPG
    Realtec image.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Realtech 2 image.JPG
    Realtech 2 image.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Real tech 3.JPG
    Real tech 3.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 36
Ok follow these steps closely and see if this helps this is how I got windows 7 to jumpstart my LG DVD-Burner a few days ago.

1.Click Start, Control Panel
2.In the Control Panel, click System and Security
3.In the System and Security window, under Action Center, click Troubleshoot common computer problems
4.In the Troubleshoot computer problems window, click a specific task to automatically diagnose and fix a problem. To view more troubleshooters, click a category.

Try that to see if it will repair and fix the problem.

Ok follow these steps closely and see if this helps this is how I got windows 7 to jumpstart my LG DVD-Burner a few days ago.

1.Click Start, Control Panel
2.In the Control Panel, click System and Security
3.In the System and Security window, under Action Center, click Troubleshoot common computer problems
4.In the Troubleshoot computer problems window, click a specific task to automatically diagnose and fix a problem. To view more troubleshooters, click a category.

Try that to see if it will repair and fix the problem.

Mike,

Thank you for your informative post. I was able to use the trouble shooter and hopefully that will help me in the future!

The trouble shooter told me it was a driver problem. Windows could not fix the driver problem by itself.

What I did was contact Gigabyte, and sure enough, they had a new driver for my motherboard.

I downloaded and installed it and all is well now!

Thanks again and have a great day!

Soar

What does it say under the Driver tab?

Problem is resolved [please see my post to Mike].

Thanks,

Soar

You should always check for updated drivers first. 95% of the time updated drivers will resolve the issue long before you have to make contact to any company about what the issue might be.

You should always check for updated drivers first. 95% of the time updated drivers will resolve the issue long before you have to make contact to any company about what the issue might be.

Mak,

Thanks for the heads up on this issue. I will certainly do so in the future!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom