Need help with a Seagate 1.5 TB Free agent External HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your fuzzy screen shot it looks like assigning a drive letter will do it.

Dan

edit: But they're right, to access it in OSX you'll have to reformat as FAT32. You might want to use GNU Parted to edit the partitions and make a partition of both.

GNU Parted

You may have to assign a drive letter to it. To do that right click it and select drive letter (or something like that.. in Windows 7 it's "Change Drive Letter and Paths").

Dan

That's what I was thinking as well, but I wanted to see a screenshot just to be sure :D.

From your fuzzy screen shot it looks like assigning a drive letter will do it.

Dan

edit: But they're right, to access it in OSX you'll have to reformat as NTFS. You might want to use GNU Parted to edit the partitions and make a partition of both.

GNU Parted

You mean Fat32? ;)

That's what I was thinking as well, but I wanted to see a screenshot just to be sure :D.

You mean Fat32? ;)

I had to take the leap--after all, I have a lot more credibility to gain than you, Mr. Moderator. :)

Ahem.. yeah. Fat32. :p

Dan

You may have to assign a drive letter to it. To do that right click it and select drive letter (or something like that.. in Windows 7 it's "Change Drive Letter and Paths").

Dan

the option "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." is whited out, as well as everything except Delete Partition and Help. What shall I do now?

the option "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." is whited out, as well as everything except Delete Partition and Help. What shall I do now?

Well I hate to be glib but.. Delete Partition. Then make a new one. I believe Fat32 was suggested.

Dan

Just note if there is any data on that partition, then it will be erased, and you'll need a recovery program to get it back.

But yes, like dipique suggested, Delete Partition then create a new one as Fat32.

Just note if there is any data on that partition, then it will be erased, and you'll need a recovery program to get it back.

But yes, like dipique suggested, Delete Partition then create a new one as Fat32.

it won't let me create a partition in Fat32. The only option is NTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom