need help with a rgb/vga input for tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
well i was using a vga cable cause my tv has a rgb input(never heard of it till now but the vga fits it fine), while i was installing windows xp(32) on my brand new computer and the screen worked fine, made the user names, blah, blah, blah. and for some reason i decided to install the driver cd for my 7900gt(i wasnt hooked up on the internet at this moment), it got half way through the install and stopped for a good 5 minuets so i rebooted. tried again and it started from where it left off. but when it finished it flickered alot and then just went blank.
i can still use the computer on the tv because the 7900gt came with a hdtv/s-video/fvideo(yellow thing) adapter, so im using the horribly crappy fvideo like you would for a game system, and belive me its nowhere close to even MY OLD PII compaq graphics, please tell me how to fix this so i can use my rgb(vga) channel again.

my whole comp is done, i installed the drivers and connected to the internet, ive gone through the **** nvidia settings 10 times and i dont see how i can fix it...
if i have any typos its because i cant read the text on my crappy tv

thnx in advance for any help

o i have to add this, when i was trying to get the signal with the vga cable, my asus moptherboard screen would come up and it would say, press del for bios, then the windows logo would come up with the load bar thing THEN THE SCREEN WENT BLANK, so i know its my comp

you know how the resolution always changes once the GFX Drivers are installed... it probably was just trying to set a Resolution that your TV didnt support... set the resolution down and you can probably switch over to the VGA again.

ill try it thanks
nope, i lowered it to 640x480 and alot of small blocks came up for about 10 seconds and i think the comp went into standby to protect itself, it was previously 800x600

my tv has a sensor that tells when you plug something in it, so it only shows the video channels that are connected, and it says the rgb channel is 1080i, but when my computer starts up it switches to 480p, maybe if i get a svga if will fix the problem, is that hidef? ive seen em go for $75 so im not really leaning to that side

ok sorry for the triple post but i really need some help, because no one was able to help with the vga( i know one person tryed), i went out and got a hdtv component cable( the red green and blue) cause my 7900gt has a connector thing for it, and i hook it up to my hdtv in and my tv screen comes up with all these blue bars, then i hook it up to my dvd in, my other red green and blue input, and my entire computer screen it blue, deep blue, i didnt mess with the hue or anything, i tryed fixing it but nothing, the hdtv isnt even good quality at all(same as my fvideo). why is this so stupidly hard? my tv came with a vga input i should be able to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom