Need help with power supply problem and more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protocol255

Beta member
Hi everyone, IÂ’m new to the forum and I have come here for some help. My setup is: ( all brand new )

Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 socket 775
Core 2 Duo E6700
OCZ Titanium 2048 PC6400 DDR2 800Mhz w/ EPP DC
EVGA Geforce 7300 GT 512 PCIe
Ultra 550w X2 power supply
Seagate 320gb serial ATA HD
PLEXTOR PX-755SA 16x STAT internal DVD burner

Everything is installed in the tower and I have connected all the power cables to the motherboard and drives. The problem IÂ’m having is when I boot the computer. The CPU fan kicks on then shuts off a second latter followed by continuous short beeps for three to four second then the system tries to reboot its self again.
The motherboard manual states that this error beep indicates a power supply problem. I have power going to the mobo via the 24 pin connector, the 4 pin 12v connector and the PCIe 12v power connector. I tried using the 8 ping 12v connector and I still get the same problem, but if I donÂ’t use that 12v connector at all and boot the system the CPU fan kicks on, shuts off, and kicks back on again and this time it stays with no error beeps. No output on the screen as well.

My guess is your Ultra psu is no good or not supplying enough power...make sure all the connections are ok, no loose or bent pins, or stressed cables...you can carefully try wiggling the cables/connections as its booting to see if that makes a difference...

Just tryed a new psu and no luck. I powered up with no drives connected and no expansion cards installed. Just the cpu/fan and ram. I should see some kind of output on the monitor, but I don't get anything.

Also should I be using the ATX_12v 4 or 8 pin connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom