Need Help Plz? GFX problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takkelete

Beta member
Well I was looking at a friends computer to give advice on what to upgrade. However when I turned the computer back on the monitor would not detect a signal. Considering I didn't touch the monitor its doubtful that the cable or monitor spontaneously died.

Asus Essentio CM5570-AP002 specs and Desktop specifications - CNET Reviews

has all the specs.

The video card was upgraded -BFG GTX260
Nothing is OCed
THe integrated card may have been disabled because plugging the monitor into that did not yield a signal either.

I dont have any access to spare parts (to test the MB or graphics card) where I am but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

Re: Need Help Plz?

That computer only has a 300W power supply.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

The BFG GTX260 requires a minimum of 500W.
Minimum of a 500 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 36 Amp Amps.)
Two available 6-pin Molex hard drive power dongles

Re: Need Help Plz?

I have reseated the GPU and have checked all the cables. Im looking for a dvi suited monitor. As for the power supply its been upgraded to a 650W.

The GPU turns on and warms up (the actual chipset is covered), meaning it is seated and powered correctly.

Could this actually be a static charge? If so can I look for physical signs? Why would the integrated chip output not work as well?

Trotter perhaps you should move this to hardware issues.

Im wondering if this is similar to a problem I have had before, where my computer would not start, not post nothing, no signal. My power supply has an on/off switch on it next to the power cord, I turned the switch off, then back on, then the computer started right up like nothing happened. I cant imagine how or why that worked but it did.

what make and model psu do you have?
You have both 6 pin pci-e connectors into the gpu? At least my gtx260 requires 2.
pull the gpu, reset cmos and try onboard again.
try the gpu in another computer.
try a different gpu in your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom