Need Help, pleaseeee
Alright I made a post a while ago. The problem I had was my computer was freezing when booting up at the "Windows XP" screen. A blue screen came up saying Windows has encountered an error. Error was "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". It didn't let me go into safe mode or anything, so I looked around google on my laptop for a solution, and I did the following:
1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.
2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.
NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.
6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.
After that, I got it to get past the Windows XP screen and into Desktop. No problems, except my sound was gone... I have a creative X-Fatal1ty on my computer, and now the motherboard is not detecting it at all.
I can't open any creative console program or install any driver, it tells me I "Dont have the product to support it".
I tried lots of things, taking it out, updating Motherboard BIOS, putting it back in.... Didn't work. I even formatted my comp, didn't work either... The computer is now working only with Onboard sound card, I can't get it to detect my Creative in any way...
Please help me, I want to fix this... I really don't know what is going on, maybe something got disabled, or could it be that my socket died?