Need Help, pleaseeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibChombo

In Runtime
Alright I made a post a while ago. The problem I had was my computer was freezing when booting up at the "Windows XP" screen. A blue screen came up saying Windows has encountered an error. Error was "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". It didn't let me go into safe mode or anything, so I looked around google on my laptop for a solution, and I did the following:

1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.

2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.

4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.

6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

After that, I got it to get past the Windows XP screen and into Desktop. No problems, except my sound was gone... I have a creative X-Fatal1ty on my computer, and now the motherboard is not detecting it at all.

I can't open any creative console program or install any driver, it tells me I "Dont have the product to support it".

I tried lots of things, taking it out, updating Motherboard BIOS, putting it back in.... Didn't work. I even formatted my comp, didn't work either... The computer is now working only with Onboard sound card, I can't get it to detect my Creative in any way...

Please help me, I want to fix this... I really don't know what is going on, maybe something got disabled, or could it be that my socket died?

Try switching to different PCI slot, also go to your BIOS see if there is any error messages, view the log. Most BIOS mobo does have logs.
whatsy creative sound card model?

Hello,

Can you install generic windows audio drivers?

Does the device manager list any unknown hardware which could potentially be your soundcard? Does device manager list an audio device, but with it shows as no driver being installed?

...If so, disable your onboard sound via BIOS settings, then try going into safe mode and installing generic windows audio driver via device manager, and see if the soundcard works. Then install the creative audio drivers in safe mode. Also make sure that you've uninstalled all previously installed audio drivers first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom