Need Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Falcon 921

Daemon Poster
I need some help because I am stumped. I recently sent in by mobo to get fixed thinking that I had a motherboard problem turns out I am not sure that was it. I went to the store and purchased the same motherboard (old one going to friend after it gets back from rma). Plugged everything in and had the same problem I can only post to bios with one video card in. I have two 8880 gts in sli and I can only use one for it to post bios. I did everything I could think of swapped power supplies and did a mem test, switched vid cards around they both work but only one at a time. I am lost and rather upset really hoping someone might be able tho through any ideas out there. The only think I can think if is I got a bad board but my other one was doing that before i sent rma the board. I thinks something more than the board is wrong and need any advice anyone might have.

isnt there in the Bios a option where you can switch to single to sli? or is it jumper on the board? cant remember but i think you should boot off the single go into BIOS and switch it to sli, save and exit, then go to the Nvidia control panel and also enable sli, save and exit, then turn off system, put in second card then try to boot....
havnt worked on a sli for a while know how it works out for you

EDIT: forgot to mention the clip that goes on both the cards, dont know it those cards support it tho

You need the sli bridge on both cards and the little card thing on the mobo clipped in so the sli is enabled. If you still have problems update the bios.

Have the sli bridge on and the bios is updated. I the new sli bridge thinking the old opne might be shot. The new one does not mak a bit of difference. Sli is enabled on the mother board and I do not get the option to enable the sli mode in windows unless I have the second card in. Of course Windows would not really matter if it is not posting to the bios at all, like I said before I have exhasted all I can think of.

The mobo is SLI compat ?
EDIT : Yh just read over it again :)

To be honest then im pretty stumpted :(

You need the sli bridge on both cards and the little card thing on the mobo clipped in so the sli is enabled. If you still have problems update the bios.

I just reread this what little thing on the board clipped in? I know about the sli bridge and enabling sli through the bios (however when I first put my computer together it worked just fine did not even have to enable the sli in the bios for it to post). My board is a little diff than yours but I don,t know by how much.

Yes I have tried different a bios. However I just messed with it a bit more and here is a little more to go on. I can only get the bios to post if I have on car in and it is pluged in the first pcie slot any other slot it will not post has to be in the first slot. Either card will make it post so I am pretty sure it is not the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom