Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

skooter0702

Beta member
I installed an anti-spyware program on my computer but didn't like it so I uninstalled it. I don't think it uninstalled correctly when I tried to uninstall. Whenever I try to right click something it gives me two messages, one saying please wait while windows configures freedom(that is the name of the program that I had tried to uninstall). The second message it gives me is, the feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable. I don't know if this helps but im pretty much a computer novice so I would really appreciate the help.

You may need to go into the registry and delete the keys that it left. Then search your HD for any files and folders it left behind and delete them as well. Be sure to back up the registry before messing around in there. Also, click start, run and in the box type msconfig. Look at the startup tab and see if it is trying to run on startup. If so, uncheck it, close msconfig and reboot. It will pop a box up when it comes back on and you can check the box to not see it again. You may also have to disable it in your system by right clicking my computer, select manage, the services. Find it and disable it.

Assuming your Windows, you could run a system restore. That will remove the program. Then you could use a registry editor, I recommend ccleaner, to clear out any registry values it might have left behind.

If you cant system restore, check to see if it is still installed by clicking start > control panel > add/remove programs. If its still in there, try reinstalling and uninstall, like Brinks said. But most likely your problem is in your registry, so try ccleaner, I love it.

Here's a link if you wanna download it:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom