Need help with onboard sound after OS install

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
My friend has had a similar problem. I just finished a new build. it runs great, but during my installation of windows home edition, i didn't have any speakers.

Well, i didn't think this was a problem, i just bought a pair of cyber accoustics to make sure nothing is damaged. well, in my book for my motherboard, the A8N-SLi premiuem, it specifically tells me WHERE and HOW to plug in my 2.1 speakers. they're plugged in, power is on, everything is secure.

now, that there plugged in, i hear a slight popping almost every couple of minutes. i've checked through my adminstrative tools and in my services the windows sound is enabled and working properly. I've checked my bios and the audio is enabled. did i miss something? please help, i hope iam not going crazy

sadly many onboard sounds chips easily get interferance,, it could be as simple as wires to close together or it you couldl reseat your motherboard but your best option is to buy a cheap sound card ,

is it pre-built or custom? if its custom make sure the drivers are installed for the onboard sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom