Need help, no where else to turn. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Need help, no where else to turn.

Okay, well, I just reformatted my PC yesterday and I decided to put my windows XP partition on a seperate Hard drive. So, everything was working good, putting my files on the second hard drive, but then I decided to change the default file path in the registry to C:\ instead of E:\ so there was less work on my part when installing/downloading. After I did this I realized, whenever I tryed to install something I'd have the path set to C:\ but it'd try to install into E:\ which I limited to 10GB so now I can't do anything because E is full. So now everytime I try to install something I get "there is no disk space". I tryed installing things to my flash drive but that failed as well. I'm not sure what this problem is, I've looked on google and I can't get any help. If someone can help me I'd be very greatful, I do not want to have to reformat again.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Need help, no where else to turn.

Have you tried to clear out all your temp files from your application installs? Have you tried to edit the Registry again and set it back to default?

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Need help, no where else to turn.

Although I have no suggestions to your problem (other than backing Mak's suggestion above) I do have a suggestion that may get you more detailed feedback and that would be to post in the Windows section. As this is the hardware section, you may get skipped over, as people visiting this section, may not be knowledgable in Windows troubleshooting as much as, say, somebody frequenting the Windows section. Just a suggestion. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Smile Re: Need help, no where else to turn.

I actually came up with an idea right after that post. I downloaded a partition tool and I just changed my D drive to 10gb and my E drive to 278gb and everything works fine now.
I apprecite those who tryed to help me with this delema.
Closed Thread