Need help with new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdavey316

Solid State Member
Ok guys, ive finished putting together my new rig. Heres my problem; When i plug in the PSU and press the power button, the green light on the Mobo is on indicating its on. Heres the puzzling part, the case fans an the CPU fan does not spin. Im pretty confident in the fact ive connected all the case fans and i know for sure ive connected the wire from the cpu fan to the CPU fan slot on the mobo. help meee :)

all the lights flash then go off. ??? im thinking its a problem with the Asus Q connector?? maybe short circuit??? have no idea.

and optical drive does not make noise, and does actually not even come out of the drive. the CPU fan tries to start to spin then just stops.??

that makes sense. Would the green light on the mobo still be on tho? and how would i correct this shortage??

Yes the light could be on. You need to make sure all the stand-offs are lining up with the holes in the mobo. You can set the system up on a non-conductive surface (place the mobo on the mobo box) and see if it powers up. if it does then you probably have a stand-off screwed in where theres no mobo hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom