Not open for further replies.

jcofske111

Beta member
Here are the specs for my laptop to begin with:

Toshiba Satellite M115-S1061
Intel Celeron M 420 1.6ghz Processor
2gigs Kingston Hyper X PC2-4200 Ram
Windows Vista Ultimate

Here is my problem, the computer used to have XP on it and before I upgraded to Vista Ultimate, I put a new processor in it. The processor I put into the laptop is the Intel T2050 Core Duo. Same socket, same pins, I cross referenced this processor in so many ways to be sure it would work. When I put the processor in with windows xp on the machine it ran great, both cores showed up and it ran at its max speed all the time. When I upgraded to Vista Ultimate I had to switch back to the Celeron M because Vista would not boot normally. It would get as far as the scrolling green bar at the bottom and then go to a black screen and not move. But here is the weird part, with the Core Duo in it and Vista installed, I can boot into safe mode just fine. So why does it not boot into normal windows with the T2050? I did some more research and tried running the boot trace and that did not work at all. I'm at a loss for words, and I'm running out of ideas. Anyone got anything I can try? Any help would be great.

Yes. This is a FRESH install of Vista Ultimate SP1. Like I said, it boots into safe mode with the T2050, and it completely boots up normal with the Celeron M, but no normal boot with the T2050. I'm stunned. Can't figure it out.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom