Need help, my comp has issues:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabyfakid

Baseband Member
...which are:

1. My computer starts without the display driver that I installed, the display is similar to when the computer runs on safe-mode. When I again try to install it, it refuses to begin with that driver (It is the correct one for the component and OS).

2. the CD-Rom doesn't want to open. When the PC starts up I can see that the cd-rom starts as well (can see the blinking light), but when I check My Computer, it doesn't appear.

Are you running XP, if so let the OS find the driver over the Internet. If that doesn't work go to the manufac. site and download the latest driver.

Does you cd-rom show up in your Bios, are the jumpers set correctly.

Nope, using Win98; and about the Cd-rom, I haven't touched any of that, that problem came out of nowhere.

nope; I think that it's just a problem with the OS, but still, I'm kinda in a tiedup situation.

I doesn't eject during the boot either; however, when the comp starts up, I can see the little light in the CDrom blinking, so it is getting the power.

How old is the cd drive, I've had the gears on the tray break on me before, which would only leave you to get a new one. If the powers in correctly the tray should open no matter if your in windows,linux or before an os since opening the tray isnt handled by the motherboard or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom