Need help!!Laptop directly shuting down when formating,maybe bios problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Him
I recently tried to format my laptop...when it started formatting, it reached around 23% and directly turned off by itslelf!!I thought it was a problem with the battery, but I checked that the power was plugged...I tried several times...it did not reach the formating hard disk phase!!It turned off while it was preparing to start setup...

I sent it to the company where I bought it...they said it needed a bios upgrade...they charged 30$ (although it is still under warranty, but they said the warranty does not support software problems...only hardware...) They upgraded the bios, as they said, and they installed windows...

I tried to format again...but the same problem occured!!! I went to the fujitsu-siemens website and downloaded the latest bios version...copied it to a CD...followed instructions...it said Bios upgraded successfuly or something...but when I rebooted...it said CMOS Checksum Bad, Press F2 to run SETUP...

Anyone can help me with this???

Thanx...

may have fried it dude, can u get into the bios or does it just sit there now, could've actually been a hard drive problem.

no...I can enter bios...I thought it was a hard drive problem too...but the company said it only needed upgrading the bios...

Is there anythign I can do to fix it???

thanx again...

from my experience, if you have one available try swapping out the hard drive, theres probably a bad sector/cluster on the drive, does it go thru if you do a quick format?(assuming its xp) if i have a bad hard drive it will stop formatting or shut off the computer if it can't finish the format.

Its not reaching the point where I chose to quick format or not!Its simply shutting down by itself...but I cant access it anymore!I only get the American Megatrends screen, CMOS checksum bad, press F2 for setup!!

if you press F2 for setup, check your date and time. make sure all settings are correct, you say you can get into bios but it wont go past that splash screen?

ok...i changed the date and time and I no longer get the splash screen....but I have the same problem...im not even reaching the phase where it ask you to quick format or not...!!

ok, do you have any windows 98 boot disks, windows 2000 disks or any other windows xp discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom