need help installing USB 2.0 drivers...date is invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonMR2

Beta member
I am trying to install a USB 2.0 PCI card. The model is Koutech PU 520.

Here is a pic of what's going on. The two VIA Rev5 USB devices are for the original USB ports, the others popped up when I added the new card.

billgatesdie.JPG

The problem is I can't install the drivers for the two exclamation points. The reason it shows the points is because no drivers are installed.

First I tried installing them off the manufacturers cd which did absolutely nothing. I'm not sure if they even installed because I got no confirmation. Once the install bar got to the end, the installed closed itself.

Then I went through Device Manager to do the windows driver thing. It would go through the install process but towards the end an error would pop up saying that the data is invalid :rolleyes:.

I tried taking the card out and reinstalling everything, doing a system restore, searching google, checking for windows update, checking the manufacturer's site for new drivers (were none) and nothing has helped.

I bought it from newegg and in the reviews everyone said they didn't have to install the driver's off the cd because windows took care of everything itself, so I think the problem lies within my computer, and not with the hardware.

Can anyone help me?

Are you running Windows Xp Service Pack 2?
Have you installed Windows Xp Service Pack 2?

Sorry I forgot to mention that. XP Pro with SP2 and all available updates.

And now that I think of it. The instructions said SP1 is needed for install because of the drivers that come with it. I started using this computer about a month ago when my sister gave it to me. I reformatted and reinstalled windows. Then when I was installing the updates, it only gave me the option to install SP2. Coud that be the problem or do the two service packs have the same drivers that I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom