Need Help Installing TV Card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Question Need Help Installing TV Card

I have a Leadtek WinFast 2000 XP TV Card which i have tried to install a few times now . Installing onto win xp home. The software is no problem but trying to find the correct drivers and install them is beyond me. The drivers i found on Leadtek's site are simply zipped up, no actual setup program comes with them so i unzip them to a new folder. Windows identifies the card as Multimedia controller and Multimedia Video controller. Tried various drivers and done an update driver but windows can not find any drivers for the device. I have the actual Winfast disk that came with the card but as far as windows is concerned they are not for the device. " Cannot install this hardware as windows could not find the correct drivers " . Wish Leadtek could scan and install drivers like Nvidia ! If anyone has experience installing one of these bloody things i would love some help. Most complicated piece of gear ive seen as far as trying to install. Why the drivers are not incorporated into a setup program is beyond me.
Anyway look forward to anyone who's sussed out one of these things before.
Thanks Brunoboy.

Operating System System
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Model Processor a
2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Display
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
n Circuit Board
Old 05-16-2008, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Need Help Installing TV Card

Well the drivers would have to be used to force install the device it sounds like.

After you isntall the device do you get it appearing on your Device Mamager with a yellow ! by it? If so double click on it. From there click on the driver tab. There you will want to use the "I will install teh drivers manually" and lead the explorer to the un rared folder from the website. That should install the drivers.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 05-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Thanks Mak. On a different machine at present but pretty sure they have the yellow ? next to them.
"and lead the explorer to the un rared folder from the website. That should install the drivers."
__________________from your post are you saying leave the drivers unzipped, un rared? Maybe thats where im going wrong. Will hook up the machine again this arvo and try again. Will post back to let you know how it goes. Appreciate the help mate.
Operating System System
Model Processor a
Display
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
n Circuit Board
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Yes. Unrar them, or unzip them and use the Browse function and lead it to the folder which has those files. That should be enough for the Wizard to find the .inf file to install the drivers.

It should be a Yellow !. But it might be a ?.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 05-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

off topic post---

If you don't get your card working or want something better...I'm selling my tv card for a great price.--ati tv wonder elite remote control edition (550 pro video processor) - for $65 + shipping.

tv card for sale
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Old 05-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Sorry about the time getting back. No good, no matter what i do. I put the disk in again and tried to find out what i could. It gives install directions for WIN98 AND ME. But strangely no mention of any system later than that, ie;2000 or xp.
Even though its called a WinFast 2000 XP TV card, maybe its not compatible with XP. I have removed the card now, wasted enough time on it. Was given to me and would have been handy if it worked but its not a must have. So thanks again Mak for trying to help. Sorry LUKE don't really need one, don't doubt its a good buy though. Good luck with the sale. Cheers Guys.

Operating System System
Model Processor a
Display
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
n Circuit Board
Closed Thread