Need help identifying this computer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Need help identifying this computer

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this, so here it goes.

I bought this computer about a year ago from a flea market for $5. It has no USB ports, no Ethernet ports, and it came with a copy of Windows 95. Installed on it was some AUTOCAD program, which I am not sure how to use. Anyways, I am having trouble finding out what exactly this computer is, and if it is worth anything. The motherboard and the parts inside it are in absolutely perfect condition, if that means anything. The computer dates around 1994-1995. I could not find an AGP slot, although I didn't expect to.

I do not know all of the specs, as windows 95 does not have Dxdiag and it cannot run CPU-z.
But, I have confirmed these:
Pentium-S 133MHz (Not completely sure, but most likely.)
16MB RAM (Not sure which type of RAM)
From what I have seen, the motherboard is the Intel i430FX. (I'm not sure if that is the motherboard, or if it is a different part, please correct me if I am wrong.)

I have no information on video memory or the GPU.

Here are an assortment of decent quality pictures: (Click the links)

TL;DR: I would like to know more about this computer, what it is worth, when it was made, what was it used for, and what I should do with it. Thank you!

Talkashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Need help identifying this computer

Its not worth anything. The ram and anything else on this board will be obsolete. You wouldn't be able to sell it. I have had many old computers and i just rip all the parts out and scrap them. The black slots are ISA and not in use anymore. The the white slots are pci slots and are slowly on the way out also.

sPlAtOiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

It seems like it is a custom built system, running a Pentium 133Mhz cpu.

Its just a personal computer someone had built up to use at home.
Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz Gigabyte x58a-ud3r EVGA 970 SC Corsair H100 Corsair hx520 3x2gb OCZ Gold Corsair 650D
Woohoo = L5639 @3.1Ghz EVGA SR-2 gtx 260-216 Hyper 212+ Corsair 1050hx 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 Blackhawk Ulra
Alienware 18 - SLI 770M 4700mq 16Gig

patonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hmm, alright. It was still fun setting it up and looking at all of the old documents/software it had on it. Thanks for the help though!
Talkashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

are you kidding?? id buy that! lmao im serious too. you have NO IDEA how much i miss my Pentium Overdrive, that thing was sweeeeet.

i can guarantee you i could find something to do with it.

as to the rest of the post, ummmm MAYBE speccy, from Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!, its a free software, but im not sure what it would need to run, so i dont know if it would run on windows 95. if you can get that to run you could totally find out what the rest of the parts are in that machine.
maddangerous is offline   Reply With Quote