Need help getting my computer to start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravethief13

Beta member
I just got my motherboard replaced because the PS2 ports were bad and when i got the replacement my computer froze on the boot up screen. Then i got another replacement and it did the same thing. It is the same motherboard as I had before. It's a MSI P35 NEO-F. The computer will freeze on a screen with a picture of a bear claw cutting through a diamond plate backround with the msi logo in the top right corner and intel logo on the bottom right corner of the screen. On the very bottom of the screen it says to press tab to switch to POST or DEL to go to BIOS but nothing works. If I turn my computer on and off enough i get a screen that says the following-

AMIBIOS (C) 2006 American Megatrends, Inc.
A7360IMS V1.7 021908
Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU E7400 @2.80GHz , Speed: 266x10.5=2794 MHz

Press DEL key to enter Setup Menu
F11 to enter Boot Menu
Memory Frequency For DDR2 800 (Dual-Channel )
Initializing USB Controllers .. Done.
Warning !!! The previous performance of overclocking is failed, (red)
and the system is restored to the defaults setting, (in red)
Press any key except "DEL" to enter SETUP....... (in red)

When I press a key i get this-
Keep current BIOS setting? (Y/N)
Press [Y] to continue or press [N] to load some item defult setting.
(i now press y or n and some more stuff pops up under the question to keep bios, i get the same thing wether i press y or n)
4096MB OK
USB Legacy support disabled in the Setup !

From here it is frozen and dosen't do anything. I am useing an GeForce 9800 video card and have 4GB of RAM. I unplugged everything from the motherboard but the video card and get the same results. I don't know anything about overclocking but i dont think anything on my computer is overclocked. I tried reseting the CMOS but that had no effect. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong?

Pull all but 1 of the ram stick. Then try to get into the bios... oh and video card.

The default settings seem to be to low, be it RAM Volts, or Vcore.

What type of RAM?

Is the cpu fan spinning? Did you replace the thermal compound? Did you plug in the 4 pin mobo connector (some mobo's have a 8 pin mobo connector)? Double check everything, twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom