need help to fix my laptop. c0000218 registry failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanyeehon

Beta member
yes.. it's the blue screen with the STOP: c0000218{registry file failure}
cannot load the hive file.

i cant do log into any safe mode. It always brings up the blue screen. It does not respond to my recovery disk, and it doesnt bring me to any recovery screen. It doesnt run it when i press R.

I will appreciate if someone helps.

in that case if you have windows cd then try to reinstall windows without formating hard disk.

There are all instruction in the CD and try to install fresh window

then follow the instructions on the cd.

Make sure when u install do not select to format the drive in the blue screen instead select "leave the partition as it is" and then try to install windows

This will create all the new accounts still you can access your old data. If you have partition then it is advisible to keep your data back up on the other partition so cirtical data is not lost if something happened or on CD or DVD.

it might be some virus or spyware problem which currupt registory.

so once you install windows or it starts working then first thing is to check for virus and spyware.

Good luck

hi, thanks for your advice. However last nite, for some reason i finally logged back on to windows after more than 15 times of blue screen at the beginning. I pressed F8 instead to log back to windows but it still took a while.

Then i backed up my files and decided to just reformat it with the recovery disk.
i didnt format that laptop for more than 2 years and a half.So i guess i should of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom