Need help with Cooler Master 690 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
I can't figure out how to take off the top panel of the case and put back on the front panel. Can someone tell me how?

How did you get the front plate off? The photos for that model show the top appears to riveted or fastened at the rear of the top itself in the page at newegg. Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Most cases will see snapin locking tabs that hold the front inplace. You simply have to reverse the process to fit that back on. Removing the 5.25" drive bay covers will provide a better look as well as removing the side covers for a close look inside to see anything is fastened on the inside.

Go easy with them. You should line up the top edge and look at how the tabs go in before giving it a go. That should turn out to be a one way fit.

there are 8 tabs holding the top panel on,the first 2 are near the front of the case on either side of the 5.25 drive bays, next 2 are near where the motherboard tray ends, the next 2 are by the hole on the top of the motherboard tray(1 is on the back side of the mb tray), the last 2 are in the back of the case above everything else( they are both on the "guts" side of the mb tray)

edit:
pic shows where tabs are located:
tabgr6.jpg

If the front goes right on without the need to remove the top it will go a lot faster and easier being less likely to see anything break off. Since that was removed without lifting the top off you would just reverse the process to get it back on without any extra work.

A good close up look inside at the front would be even more of a help for jester070993 in case there is anything else besides the bottom two tabs he found already. The rest is simply fitting it into place and then using just enough pressure to see the tabs go in and lock.

its a pic off google search its not mine, also u dont need to take off the top to put on the front, just line it up and pound it in from the top down.

ok well T put on the front, but I still don't get how to take the top off. What do I do with the 8 tabs?

With the 8 tabs you're going to push up those rather easily until each one pops out in order to see the top portion removed. Those lock in the same as the two you saw on the front plate but see more of them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom